It's happening. I can't believe it's happening!
Last night the reality sank in when Nate and I were watching Landen playing with Nolan and we reminisced on the day we first brought him home from the hospital. How much life had changed. How much meaning he put into life for both of us.
To say I'm terrified is an understatement. This is his first year of all-day-every-day preschool, and he even gets to ride the big kid bus. Or as Landen calls it, "the giant, yellow, monster bus."
I am in love with his excitement. He cannot wait for his first day, and meeting his teacher, and making new friends. If there's one thing to know about Landen, it's that he is a social butterfly. He makes friends with anyone. He can take over an entire room.
Here are Landen's "pre-preschool interview" responses….
- What is your name? Landen
- Favorite color: Red
- How old are you?: 4
- What do you want to be when you grow up: A Power Ranger
- Favorite song: The Tree Song
- Favorite movie: Sing, Angry Birds, and Trolls
- Favorite activity: Going to the park
- Favorite Animal: Lion
- What is the scariest thing in the entire world?: Monsters and zombies.
- Who is your best friend?: Nolan, and Kole, and Koen, and Silas, and Cruz
- What are you really good at?: Basketball and t-ball
- What are you excited most about school?: Recess
- What's your teacher's name?: Mrs. Wight
- Who is the president of the United States?: Me
- If you had one wish, what would you wish for?: Go to Kole's house
P.S. Right before publishing this post I saw the school bus drive by practicing its route for school. Que the water works! This mom is not ready!